Looking for a fun Thanksgiving tradition for your family?
Make a TURKEY OF THANKS!
(Baker Family Turkey of Thanks 2009)
1. On a posterboard, piece of butcher paper, draw a body of a turkey. Add eyes, beak and gobbler. Or print off a fancy cut-out from the Internet on colorful paper.
2. From colorful construction paper, cut out multiple feathers. I like to make 5 feathers per family member or guest on Thanksgiving Day.
3. Each family member/guest writes something that he/she is thankful for on a feather.
4. Everyone takes turns sharing what they have written on their feathers, and then they tape them to the poster.
5. Explain that we are thankful to God for all of these wonderful things that he has blessed us with.
6. Once everyone has their feathers taped onto the poster, it creates a colorful TURKEY OF THANKS!
--Do one or two feathers per night for several nights before Thanksgiving. Try to memorize the Scripture verse(s) together as a family.
--Look up Psalm 100 in the Bible and read it aloud together as a family. Notice verse four. "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."
--Pray together as a family in short sentence prayers thanking God for the things that you wrote on the feathers.
Sample: Lord, I thank you for our family.
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for our home.
Thank you, Jesus, for dying on the cross for our sins.
I thank you, God, for our dog, Buddy.