To be honest, this week’s word I don’t really want to write about.
Probably because I know SILENCE all too well. And I don’t have an answer.
- When life does not go as you wanted it to—SILENCE
- When the bad guy wins--SILENCE
- You cry out to God--SILENCE
- You long for justice—SILENCE
- You want to know the future—SILENCE
- You are waiting for something to change—SILENCE
- You ask him why—SILENCE
Sometimes silence is so loud it roars!
The Bible is full of people just like us who also dealt with SILENCE.
- Joseph—how many YEARS was he a slave, in a prison, seemingly forgotten
- Daniel—he spent a lifetime in captivity in Babylon (not fair!)
- Sarah—how long she waited on a promised son
- The disciples in the upper room—confused and bewildered
- Mary and Martha when Lazarus died and Jesus didn’t come—heartbroken and hurting
I relate to their frailty and admire their faith.
We have the benefit of seeing beyond their reality.
o We see how God answered.
o How he showed up.
o The end of the story. The why.
o The meaning or purpose of the SILENCE.